How to make bacon and broccoli Alfredo
Photo ©: robert lerich - Fotolia.com
Instead of using commercially bottled Alfredo sauce, this recipe uses a cheesy and creamy mixture that matches perfectly with penne pasta. This multitask recipe may seem challenging, but it's really fast and simple. Here is how to make Penne Alfredo with bacon and broccoli.
Makes 6 servings
- 500g penne pasta
- 5 slices bacon, diced
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup real unprocessed butter
- 1 cup heavy fresh cream
- 1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon crushed fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1. Cook the pasta the way you like it and drain completely.
2. Heat the butter and heavy cream together in a small saucepan. Stir until the butter is completely melted. Add the cheese and spices and continue stirring until the mixture is creamy and the cheese has melted.
3. Place the bacon in a large frying pan and cook until crisp. Add the broccoli and continue cooking for another five minutes.
4. Put the pasta and the bacon/broccoli mixture into a large serving bowl.
5. Pour the sauce over the pasta mixture and combine thoroughly.
6. Serve warm or chilled with a fresh green salad.
Article provided by wikiHow, a wiki building the world's largest, highest quality how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to make bacon and broccoli Alfredo. Content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons License.
Latest from "Food & Drink Articles" ...