Photo ©: Wildcat - Fotolia.com
Drowning can happen very fast. Most of the time you will not hear someone drowning.
- Stay within an arm’s reach of young children when they are in or near water.
- Have toilet lid locks and use them.
- Put locks on the outside of the bathroom door to keep children out.
- Store large buckets turned over, so water cannot collect inside them. Very young children can drown in 1-2 inches of water.
- Put a high fence all the way around your pool or spa. Always keep the gate closed and locked.
- Use a water thermometer to test bath water.
Don't miss out! Subscribe to our free Children's Health Newsletter.
Latest from "Children's Health" ...