Photo ©: hasepupase - Fotolia.com
Don't throw them out just because the tyre is finished or the barrow has become holey and rusted.
- You can haul it out of the garden shed and use it as a mini flower, vegetable or herb garden.
- Prepare the barrow the same way you would any pot, making sure there are some escape holes on the base.
- The fun part is that you can move it around - into the sun, or the shade or out of the wind.
- Old barrows make excellent braais.
- Throw in the briquettes and fire lighters, put on an oven rack and soon you will be feeding the gang.
How about a bird bath?
- Sand away any rust, spray paint it with an outdoor primer and then give it a coat of gloss paint in a colour that suits your surroundings.
- Place it under a tree so any wet little bird swimmers can fly up to a nearby branch if danger approaches.
- Before filling with water put some stones in the bottom so it is not too deep.
- Change the water often.
Don't miss out! Subscribe to our free Household Tips Newsletter.