How to hang artwork like a gallery curator
Photo ©: auremar - Fotolia.com
Whether you’re hanging family photos or artwork, wall décor should add interest to a room.
Mount artwork too high or too low and you could miss the mark.
If you want to hang your artwork, photos and framed prints with a gallery curator’s precision, measure 145cm from the floor.
This is the average human eye-height and a standard hanging height in many art galleries.
Ideally the centre of the pictures should hang at the 145cm mark.
To figure out exactly where the nail should go, use the following equation…
- Measure and lightly mark 145cm on the wall
- Measure the picture frame and divide the height by two
- Measure top of your picture to the tightened wire
- Subtract the last amount to tell you how far above the 145 cm your hook should go
- Measure up from 145cm with this last amount and lightly mark on the wall. This is where the nail should be drilled
Source: Apartment Therapy
Don't miss out! Subscribe to our free Home Decor Ideas Newsletter.